Saturday, August 17, 2013

Microbudget Blues

Shooting delayed again.

The car brings us to a screeching halt this time. Engine block is cracked. Mechanic woes, found a good (and honest) one and now a solution. However, I can't start shooting again until that's fixed. Also, I must recast two roles. Methinks the material makes one actress uncomfortable, heh heh heh. The other has some scheduling issues, which is a bummer because she's awesome and I like her in all my films. She'll be back, though. Then there is my friend and music director for the film passing away a few days ago. I'll be discussing what remains with his band partner and hopefully we'll get the terrific song Kevin composed into the film. Ultimately, we'll get through this and simply shoot in late August and on Sep weekends.

One good thing about delays is that they allow me to give that much more thought to creative touches and just this very morning I came up with one that will be incorporated into the film. More importantly, I think I have my next film idea, too. But before that, we gotta get 'Sloppy Dead Seconds' rolling and shot.

More to follow...

No comments:

Post a Comment