Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Filmmaker To Watch For

A couple of months ago I was invited to the premier of an indie film written and directed by a microbudget director you should keep an eye on. Shawn Kelley of Ruby Red Films hosted a fairly crowded gathering at his unveiling of Kill Your Television, his latest horror offering. Here's the deal: Shawn likes a genre I generally do not -- the stalk-and-slash variety. Seriously, I don't like this sub-genre of horror, generally. But Shawn's films show such an enjoyable talent with suspense and terror that they are an exception to my rule. Personally, I'd like to see more of what Shawn could do with my favorite category (supernatural horror), but I like what he does already so I recommend you check out Kill Your Television and then his previous film, Black Rose.

In Kill Your Television, a young woman finds herself alone after her boyfriend cancels their date to hang out and watch horror films. Her night grows progressively worse as more than one unwanted guest appears and her night of horror fun becomes far too real and not at all fun.

Check it out:

Kill Your Television

No comments:

Post a Comment