Tuesday, May 4, 2010

GSR Scene & Stuff



Yesterday I crammed Rryan, Hoski (Maleina) and Johnny (Ry's BF) into the car with props and we went over to Ray's house to shoot the scene. Jesse met us there and Ray was ready. We tried three different hats for Ray, selecting just the right one, we think.

Ray gave me another gemstone performance. Here's what I do with him. I get him through the dialogue, adjusting here and there, then I look at it closely in the editing process. Don't want to say too much cuz I want you to see its subtle genius!

I just realized tonight that no one got any on-the-set photos. Damn it. Gotta see to it that it's covered next time. Gotta have those special features, especially photos of me directing, damn it! How am I ever going to impress that chick I sort of dig if I can't throw a few frames of me commanding this artistic venture her way? Possibly more importantly, there's the eventual biography...Make a note to myself to remind PRODUCTION ASSISTANT -- (who was that who expressed interest in gluing eyelashes on actors and shuffling various assorted candies around the craft services table??? Oh yeah -- JESSICA!!)-- about photos. In her absence, I think Hoski will make an excellent production crew photographer. Everyone does double duty around here.

Rryan looked exactly as envisioned. Considering this vision began as a project to feature Ry, it only makes sense. What a natural. I believe the audience will agree. This kid's going to be a star and I've got him in my picture. I can't wait to get to more scenes, especially a couple of big Ry moments...

Jesse: Holy crap! He's totally at ease in front of the camera. I'm gonna say it here: Jesse Cowser is going to get work in Hollywood pictures. And he's got that thing which lends to longevity, an ease in presence. He knows what to do with himself. I must ask him who he studies...

Oh yeah, forgot the duct tape. We actually got by with Scotch!!

My lighting choices made yesterday an easy set-up. I was going for a B-grade standard bright look. Set 'em up, point them at the actors, and turn 'em on. Ain't gonna go that fast for the other scenes! Might even schedule actors' set calls for after set-up. I don't like to bore people. Of course, they COULD be rehearsing...

The only expense for craft services yesterday was the pack of cigarettes I bought for Ry and Hoski. I forgot about the ice chest. Must have water and caffeine next time. Green tea for me, of course. I was STARVING after dropping off Ry et al! Grabbed some Jack. Well, I had licorice in my pocket, so I had something to chaw on. My ops foods: black licorice/G'nP, beef jerky, mints, little Bit O'Honeys, fruit leathers. I'm a pipe smoker, too, so that helps. Didn't have it with me yesterday, though.

I keep seeing close-ups for Lonnie in my head. He's got these cold eyes that'll stare right through everyone's souls. Most excellent...

Planning the next shoot for Saturday, hopefully an exterior scene. The following week, we shoot the scene we missed Saturday but with our new actress. Gonna take some time on that one.

Think I'll get to bed a little earlier tonight. Amid all the other stuff I gotta do, this movie has launched...Very cool...

No comments:

Post a Comment