Thursday, April 22, 2010

GSR Pre-Production Musings







I met with Lonnie tonight to run through the script. He has a really cool house. Seriously. If you are addicted to TCM, as I am, and if you appreciate certain things of times gone by, you'd love this place. And it's right by an old cemetery! How cool is that? Lonnie is going to be quite a contributing factor to the success of GSR. I'm gonna like working with this guy, I can tell. He's a real human being. Of course all of us on this movie are weird, but I find that comforting...

After the bookstore, I came home and talked with Jessika for over an hour. Very cool chick. She's a drummer! I like girl drummers. Jessika will appear in GSR but I'm not gonna tell you any more than that because it's gonna be a memorable appearance. She's Lonnie's friend and I just met her a couple days ago -- and what a whirlwind! She wants to help make GSR happen and then some, so I'm quite enthused to have her aboard...Most women I know think my pursuits are bizarre. Jessika is refreshing...

Did some more storyboarding. I am really anxious to get started. But I am equally energized to get TofK completed and premiered because I am really pleased with how that's turning out. That's the way it usually is with creative stuff, as you're finishing one thing, you're starting another... I know that Ry is going to be very impressive in GSR. I'm pretty confident I know how to draw a spot on performance from him. He's a natural. And his buddy Maleina impresses me a lot. Hell, I'm thrilled with the whole cast: Jesse's a sure bet, I know. Lonnie's solid. Toree, Esel, perfect. And Stan is gonna be surprised how well he does.

I love this shit. For nineteen years I did something else I thoroughly enjoyed and now it's time to do this. Now I have to come up with a picture featuring my dear sweet Kokopelli...

No comments:

Post a Comment